Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July weekend..




Whats good folks? Well today is the day of independence and the day that many of you forgot that you don't eat pork... as BBQ sauce and grape soda is a plenty.. let us not forget the corn on the cob also. Well as I prepare to step out into the world of California Hwy Patrol check-points and Bey-Bey kids in the middle of traffic lighting illegal fireworks. I can't help but to think how much fun I had this weekend. My fun began July 2nd in Los Angeles California, where I linked up with Milwaukee's Best, No not the beer, but the one and only HazSolo. Thursday evening I got a phone call from Haz who said he was out here in Cali chilling with Jimi-James, and since me and him been trying to link up for sometime the timing was perfect. We discussed old business and talked about upcoming projects and what not, then decided I should come thru and put together some music while he was here.
Needless to say, I packed up the trusty Laptop,Pro-tools Mbox,25key midi controller, and hard drive full of samples and oldies. Upon arriving I was greeted by Haz who is hella cool, we listened to each others trax and then after deciding on a few trax we got to work. We knocked down a few songs, which I will be posting in the near future for ya listening pleasure.
After recording, Jimi-James fell thru (who for those that don't know, is cool as fuck!!) and invited me to the Troubadour in LA where she was performing with DAM-FUNK.
So after twisting my arm (joke) I was like yeah I'm with it. Anyway, went to the show met DAM-Funk, J-1, Computer-J, and a host of other musicians from the LA hip hop scene. I also chopped it up with MC Eiht who performed that night. After talking to these cats and enjoying the show I found myself chilling with Peanut Butter Wolf, who like me has ties to the bay area. We talked about hella random shit like the famous Heiroglyphics vs. Hobo-junction battle that aired on KMEL back in the day straight classic. We discussed music, hip-hop, and bay shit. Side bar, "Swiss Beats don't know who produced Cold Chilin' Records The Symphony, featuring Kool G-Rap,Masta Ace,Craig G,and Big Daddy Kane?? Wow" PB Wolf is cool people and I look forward to talking to him again in the near future(he know what I'm talking about). However, the highlight of the night came when one of the originators of female funk rock pop fusion walked out on the stage. The one and only Jody Whatley, who took center stage backed by Dam-Funk. The crowd went bananaz,when she walked out there. After her performance HAZ and Jimi-James introduced me to a few producers, bloogers, and various other cool people in general. The night ended with me Jimi James and Haz mashing back to her spot where we discussed music the night and future projects, I left LA feeling totally re-energized and must say that I had a good weekend. Much love to Haz-Solo,Jimi-James,Dam-Funk,PB Wolf, and Jody Whatley. Thanks for keeping it 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment